Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'd Like to Thank All of the Little People...

Why doesn't any Television Retailer want to sell to the little people anymore? Once upon a time, there was a level of TV Shopping Network for everyone with regards to price point. Now it seems like you have to be making a six figure income just to play the game. What's wrong with being the Kmart or Walmart of the airwaves? Last I checked, those were the retailers who were best weathering our economic downturn. I don't know about you, but I get a perverse thrill whenever I get a product at an outrageous discount. Sure, there are still some infomercial items to be found for the old $19.95 price here and there, but by and large every Shopping Network is trying to outdo each other in terms of price and opulence. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the network who decides that it's okay to be Kmart might just be the one to actually experience some growth during these trying times.

Embrace your inner Kmart shopper today!

No comments: